So you think you're a Weatherman?

We have had heavy snow and blizzards forecast for the last 3 days.

So today it came...for about 5 minutes then it turned to rain and we were all back to normal.

I would quite like some snow, I have shopped for soup ingredients and I am ready to rock and roll! But no, snow's off again. One of the things I liked about Winter was snow. In fact it is the only thing I like about winter and was one of the things I was looking forward to when we moved to Scotland. Bet you we will get it on a day they forecast sunny spells. I reckon their seaweed is polluted!!!

Of course, even without the Snow excuse, I am crocheting away. At a very wintry project at the moment. Perfect for wearing in the snow..................a blue and white striped mini-dress. Very retro and very cute.

I would show you a piccie but all the ones I have taken so far look naff. I will get deary to work his magic tomorrow and let you see a picture of the back, which I should finish tonight.

Why am I crocheting a dress......well I have been asked to make a wedding dress, in a similar style and I fell in love with the whole 1960's theme, so I am making a Nijani Original Retro Mini, just because I can;0)

I have found some vintage Jaegar yarn, in a very 60's blue with white stranding and I am going to add the white stripes in to the skirt. I am quite excited about it, the yarn is a slubby linen mix which adds to the whole effect. The more I crochet the better it looks........


I know you want to see for yourself....tomorrow I promise.

TaTa

Comments

Popular Posts