You learn something new everyday!


Here are some of the things I learnt over the last few days....

1. Travel Sickness...I have spent years getting travel sick if I try to knit/crochet or read in a car(obviously not when I am driving...duh).

I have therefore wasted hours looking out of the window on the long journeys to Cornwall. But stick a Caravan on the back of the car and hey presto I can knit crochet or read infact I completed half a sock in the 2 hours it took to get to Berwick on Monday. I did re-test thjis without the caravan and could have thrown up for Scotland after about 2 minutes!


Here is a picure of the sock, being worked on whilst in the caravan at Berwick overlooking the Sea.




2. Lurcher is a type of dog..Dusty is a lurcher...A lurcher is a cross between a Whippet/Greyhound and a sloth.

Dusty is 90% sloth..... as you can see the lure of the couch, the sunshine and the smell of Sea air through a caravan window is just too much for him.





3. Sunshine is not a requirement when you are at the seaside...just the sea and the beach will do thank you very much. Especially when you are 11 and nothing is going to stop you paddling in the North Sea, in your trunks, with a hoody on, not even a force 9 Gale on Aprils Fools day...Great stuff!



4. Lurchers cannot breathe underwater. I did know this but Dusty didn't and it was a surprising discovery for him. His ball was at the bottom of a deep rock pool whe he made the discovery.....when it happened for the second time he immediately went into baby mode and cried until someone recovered the ball for him......lazy but not stupid!


5. Buy a 16 year old wellies and take him to the seaside and he becomes a 5 year old again...skimming stones, chasing waves and having a great time without having to pretend to be cool. This was one of the really good things I learnt, I got my baby back for a couple of days.


6. Sandunes make you stupid. You think you can sit back to back with a 16year old, wrap arms and stand up.....well on the third attempt you can...only to fall over again backwards once the 16 year old moves, cos your brain is still applying the pressure to help you stand up, but, the aforementioned 16 year old is not.

Result one mother flat on her back on the dunes at Lindisfarne, laughing so much that it takes all 3 of the men in the house to get her upright again.


7. Families are brilliant and I wouldn't swap mine for anything!!!! But I knew that already.

Comments

spaz said…
it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! and great work on the sock!
Merka said…
Great blog. I never knew what a Lurcher was! Cool.
Mary Helen said…
Poor dusty. There's nothing worse than water up the nose.
Focus on Life said…
What a brilliant, funny, heartwarming post! Love it! 90% sloth indeed, perhaps your dog and I are related?! x

Popular Posts