I Hate Technology!

So today my eldest, under duress, moved my PC from the cold wet family room, to the warm, cosy dining room/craft room. I in return made the tea.

Now James (my eldest) has always had a wireless connection to the Internet in his bedroom, whereas I was.....well hard wired. However, there is no phone socket in the dining room, so I bought another wireless adapter and after the aforementioned tea, I set about connecting the moved PC to our wireless router.

Before we go any further I think I should avail you all of few important facts.

1. I have worked in IT (computers) for 19 years
2. I installwired and wireless systems for a living
3. I work in a team whose sole purpose in life is to assess and trial technology for customers requiring secure networks.

So how long did it take the two of us to get 1 PC connected to the Router.......3 hours. I was logged onto a neighbours network quite happily for 1/2 an hour at one point, until thought better of that.

I tried every key combination possible to log onto our router, which I had configured a year ago to be secure...eventually screaming and telling James to remove the security keys, cos I don't care if the world and his wife can access the Internet through our house.....I want to bloody well access too!!! I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms....how sad is that!

Course once we did that I was on.............and he was on, in fact most of our street was able to get on , if only they had realised. So I did a few tweaks and re secured us, then I was off and........... he was off!?!?!!?

Now have you ever tried to detach a 16 year old from MSN and Bebo...............it ain't pretty.

Next thing I knew, he was charging down stairs accusing me of infringing his human rights or some such rubbish, just as he got to the last stair, my firewall asked me if it should allow access to my wireless network. Obviously I kissed the screen and cried YES!!!!. Actually I clicked on OK but it was still quite dramatic.

As I shouted to James that I was on, he charged back upstairs only to find he was on too. I know it goes on and on and on.......

Now we are both afraid to log off..........I may need a glass of wine or two tomorrow evening depending on who is off and who is on ;-) I may also get around to some knitting or crochet

My next set of withdrawal symptoms is looming on the horizon!

Oh James has just popped down to share this with me.

Go to google and type in find Chuck Norris, then click the I'm feeling lucky button......

Good eh?

Comments

Popular Posts