Disaster ......didn't check the Dyelots!!!

So I am joining in the 3rd ball of wool on the Lady sweater...it is late evening, I am using artificial light and all looks well. Next day however in the daylight I notice it is a different shade, slightly darker. Bugger! Pardon my French.

I check out the other 3 remaining balls and 1 is the same dyelot as the darker shade, 2 are a 3rd dyelot, but still darker than the original balls I knitted the yoke with.

Plan A....complete the body with dye lot 1 and do the sleeves with 1 ball for each of dye lot 2, them claim that I intended to use gradually darker shades as I progressed down the cardi.

Plan B...rip it back to the end of the Garter Stich Yoke and use the 2 other shades I have in the same yarn to make a multicolour skirt and arms.

I will go with plan A first but I am not convinced!

Note to self check.......................... the ball bands cos your eyesight is rubbish!!!

Oh and I have tied in all the loose ends on the quilt but still no borders, that will not get finished this weekend either as I am off to this quilt show . Maybe it will inspire me to do the borders....maybe they will have the very material I am looking for to complete the borders, maybe I will buy naterial even if it doesn't complete the borders....not maybe more definately. Watch this space.

Comments

Popular Posts