So who stole August?

I had every intention of blogging every day in August. That was until someone stole the first half of the month!!

Now I know that time moves more quickly as you get older, and even more quickly when you are busy, but this is just ridiculous! I have just had 2 weeks off my work, it has rained every day for at least 16 hours, and I still don't know where the time has gone. If it is any consolation to you all, I didn't find time to go to the Gym either...but that may have been more subconciously deliberate ;-)

So you all ask, what have you been doing if you have been soooo busy, well, I have made some new beanies for the winter...


I have been trying out knitted beanies rather than my normal crocheted variety.

Slightly longer in the making but I do like the what you can do with other colours and variegated yarn, like in this fairisle version.







This one is much plainer, but I love the turned back brim and the fact that you can add as much or as little embellishment as you please.






What else I have I been up to...oh yes...I have been trying to create a new shrug design for the last week or so, and everytime I begin, I seem to get another order for a Laura Shrug.

Not that this is a cause for complaint. I am very flattered that people like my design and want me to make them shrugs for their weddings, but I know I have it in me to create an even better one, just not enough hours in the day!

Here is one of the latest Laura Shrugs with a new corsage ... I had to find an outlet for my design frustration somewhere so the corsage took the full force.

I have one more shrug to make and a little cape and beaded veil by the end of the month and then I really need to knuckle down and get some bits and pieces ready for my next craft fair in September...I must be mad!



Oh, come to think about it, I made this too!

It was a custom order but unfortunatley once made the lady wasn't keen so it is back in my stock. A pity as I think it truned out really well, a longer version of my little gossamer cape. But never mind I am sure it will find a home somewhere.





Actually when you add all this up then add in getting 2 boys ready to go back to school, a trip to a water park and the pictures, planting 6 tubs of potatoes and revamping some of the garden and cutting and sewing the squares for my next patchwork quilt, I did quite well for August.

I still feel bad for ignoring you guys, if not for ignoring the gym, and I promise to try harder over the next couple of weeks......just don't put any money on it!

Comments

woolmountain said…
Glad to see you are posting, happy to see that all is well. Have a package here for you all; now can I remember to take it with me when I go to the post office.

Guess who!

Popular Posts